Sunday, August 4, 2013

I'm a housewife

(Haha not really. I just thought the subject matter of this post makes me seem like it, which TOTALLY contradicts my "we're not getting married" post below)

Did you know I used to be really great at documenting life? I did!
I took my camera EVERYWHERE. Even going to the groccery store! I don't really do that anymore (read: at all)
And that makes me kind of sad.
I barely took any photos on this last roadtrip to Utah,which my Mum and I did all on our own. I've never really had alone time with her like that before and there is next to no proof that it actually happened! I think it's in part because of my new lens, that I LOVE but doesn't really work with my camera (the whole crop body thing, you know?) but also because I'm dating a professional photographer.

And that's just intimidating.

Even though he doesn't read this blog and would never see the photos.

Anyways... Long explanation just to say: I am making it a goal to carry my camera more.
Then work up to using it all the time again. Because I'm really great at taking photos so other people have memories (engagements/family photos/weddings etc.) but I don't have any memories of my own anymore.

I was also very sad I didn't take my camera today because Kyle and I had SUCH a great adventure. We drove around as the sun set, talking & laughing & (me) singing, then stopped along the way and picked blackberries on the side of road. Then we came home and made blackberry/apple crumble.

IS THAT NOT ADORABLE AND PICTURE PERFECT OR WHAT?!
I know.

Soooo more pictures from now on! Not just the stuff I do for other people, but the stuff for me too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment