Friday, June 14, 2013

We are going to get fat.


Usually, my friends and I create a summer bucket list of all the things we want to do!
But this summer is going to be different, because Kirs and Elyssa leave for their missions in early July
and Chalise doesn't get home until late July! And let's be real, bucket lists are never fun by yourself.
So this summer, I wanted to make it my goal to find the perfect burger (a la Love Taza//The Rockstar Diaries era)
and my trusty sidekick agreed to tag along.
I was pondering all this last night as I was trying to fall asleep, however, and I started to seriously doubt my plan.
I mean, there is only so much ground beef I can take, you know?
So this has just turned into a "Find the Best Food" kind of a thing.
With categories.
Or something.

Since this started as a Burger Quest, the first place we tried was right here in our little town:
Gourmet Burger.
They just re-opened at a new location, and everyone has been talking about it,
so we decided to check it out.
Boyfriend got the Bacon Cheddar, and I got the Mushroom Swiss,
which is SO out of character for us (it's usually the other way around.)

Mine was not very note worthy.
The mushrooms were too big
and though the truffle mayo was delicious, they were super skimpy.

Kyle's was, in his words, "one of the best burgers" he's ever had.
"Maybe the best."
He's still talking about it.

So we'll probably be back, just for that burger. And the onion rings (oh goodness, so good!)
Plus they serve their water in mason jars with handles and I am a sucker for that sort of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment